GSE Subjects Tutoring
Our Georgia Standard Education (GSE) Subjects Tutoring Programs are designed to reinforce and enhance the material that our children are learning in school only a few hours
before. By focusing on a topic with our skilled teachers after school, students are guaranteed to have a strong foundation and understanding
of their topics before moving on to learning more advanced skills.
Subject Areas Offered
Common Core Mathematics
XL Academy's leading teaching resources are available to help your child excel in math. Our programs are tailored to meet individual needs and advancement with mathematical concepts.
- Assess and review foundational skills to identify weak areas.
- Teach and reinforce all required foundational skills
- Early beginning to next year's syllabus
- Grouped by individual grade level
- Homework assignments
- Limited to 6 students per group
- Certified school teachers run program
Common Core Reading
Our uniquely designed custom enrichment reading courses will stretch our students' minds and help them achieve higher grades.
Academic and corporate success are highly contingent on well-developed reading skills. Students with strong reading skills are better
able to absorb information and display better understanding of the subject. Therefore, we believe that reading without comprehending is
not really reading. We teach students to make connections between the text and things they already know while they are reading. Our kids
acquire strong foundational comprehension skills and strategies that will greatly increase their academic success.
Common Core Writing
This writing workshop permits basic instruction and remediation as well as enrichment. Focus on individual growth while allowing for group work. Intent to develop confidence in students and acknowledge their writing accomplishment.
Here are some highlights of the course:
- Assessment to determine individual writing level
- Stimulates critical thinking capability, which helps transfer into good writing
- Discuss writing task together to brainstorm and formulate ideas to write about
- Writing process, teach and practice revising and proofreading techniques
- Vocabulary Acquisition
- Writing Conventions and Phonetic Awareness
- Write logically, ordering reasons supported by facts and details
- Write informatory and explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas
- Using precise words and phrases and relevant descriptive details
- Develop topics with facts, definitions, concrete details, etc.
- Read portions of writing aloud to learn to talk about writing
- Homework and corrections with feedback
Computer Science and Coding
Programming is the new math. It stimulates critical thinking and enhances problem solving skills. Our educational courses are tailored towards the learning styles of children for their grade levels. Kids will spend time on computer to do something more productive and learn a valuable skill that offers them a life-long competitive advantage.
Level 1 - Beginner (Grades 3 to 5)
- Ground 0, explain programming
- Introduction, fundamentals, hardware, software
- Write first program, learn about Loops, Conditions, variables kids friendly
- Try to make Coding Fun
Level 2 - Intermediate (Grade 6 to 8)
- Introduce game developing Android / iOS
- Choose a project to make it a fun learning experience
Level 3 - Advanced (Grade 8 to 11)
- Based on College Board, AP Computer Science syllabus for High School
- Introduce Java in addition to AP school syllabus